Who we are
Our website address is: https://humitsu.com.
Policy Related to the Handling of Personal Information
Our company will collect personal information using proper methods and in compliance with the law. Additionally, we use the following guidelines to use, manage, and protect personal information appropriately.
Our company’s basic principles related to personal information are as follows;
Identifying the purpose of usage and prohibiting usage for any other purposes
When we directly acquire personal information in writing, at that time, we will clearly identify the purpose of its usage.
When personal information is to be obtained using methods other than directly in writing, or personal information is to be indirectly acquired, the scope of the purpose of usage shall be as follows:
- To provide products and services;
- To provide after-sales service;
- To collect or provide information related to the development of new products;
- To carry out surveys, hold contests that award prizes, etc.;
- To provide information and carry out screening related to our company’s hiring activities; and
- To carry out duties related to personal management for the development, welfare, etc. of our employees.
Non-disclosure/non-provision of personal information to third parties
Personal information provided to our company shall not be disclosed nor provided to third parties, except in the following cases:
- When the consent of the individual to whom the information belongs is obtained;
- When a legal order required the disclosure of personal information, etc.;
- When such disclosure or provision is necessary for the protection of a person’s life or property;
- When needed in cooperating with legal authorities such as the police or a court;
- When contracting work to a third party that uses the information within the scope of the purpose of usage;
- When deemed appropriate in cases where an inquiry requires a response from our related companies or representative agents;
- When disclosing information required by financial institutions such as for credit card payment for the payment of products and services; and
- For the continuation of business operations in case of a merger, demerger, transfer of business, etc.
Strict and appropriate management of personal information
We will appropriately and carefully manage personal information.
Furthermore, we possess, and will strive to maintain and improve activities related to the guidelines outlined above as well as our efforts for the protection of personal information.
Inquiries Related to Personal Information
To request a confirmation of matters related to personal information, the owner of that personal information should contact the division that provides the service for which their personal data was submitted.
To prevent the leakage of personal information to third parties, personal information kept by our company will only be shared with the owner of that personal information after our business can confirm their identity.
Note that in the following situation, personal information may not be able to be provided in this way:
- The information requested does not correspond to the personal data we possess;
- The provision of such information threatens the life, physical safety, or property of the person in question or of a third party, or otherwise harms their rights and interests;
- There is the risk that such provision could significantly hinder our company’s regular business operations; or
- Doing so would violate other laws or regulations.
When there is a mistake or a change in an individual’s personal information, upon the person’s request, incorrect or old information will be corrected or deleted only in cases where the person’s identity can be confirmed (to prevent the tampering of personal information by third parties).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.