LED corn light ( also know as LED corn light bulb, LED corn bulb, led corn lamp, LED corn cob lamp) is an with an internal integrated constant power supply light-emitting diode (LED) light fixture.
LED corn light are manufactured in a wide range of sizes, IP64 waterproof light output, and voltage rating. From AC85 to 300 volts. They require no external regulating equipment, have low energy cost, and work equally well on either alternating current or direct current.
As a result of IP64 waterproof, high to 125lm/w and CRI>80, the led corn light lamp is wide used in household and commercial lighting even industrial lighting such as street light, garden light, high bay light, ceiling light and canopy light.
LED corn light used as walkway lighting, high bay lighting, street/road lighting, canopy lighting Different designs have been created that incorporate various type of LEDs in to a light fixture. Heat sinks for LED corn light are similar in design to heat sinks used to cool other electronics such as computers. Heat sinks tend to have as many grooves as possible to facilitate the flow of hot air away from the LEDs. The area of heat exchange will directly affect the lifespan of the LED corn light.
LED corn light can normally produce the same amount of (or higher) luminance as a traditional light, but requires only less than half of the power consumption. LED lighting does not typically fail, but instead decreases in output until it needs to be replaced.As the LED lighting fixtures normally produce less lumen/Watt illumination it is very crucial to have a well distributed illumination pattern in order to do the same job as higher lumen/Watt conventional fixtures.
So a good design of LED corn lights is to point different LEDs in one fixture to different target points.The lifespan of an LED corn light is determined by its light output compared to its original design specification. Once its brightness decreases by 30 percent, an LED corn light is considered to be at the end of its life.The primary appeal of LED corn light is energy efficiency compared to conventional industrial lighting fixture technologies such as metal halide(MH) and high pressure sodium (HPS); or commercial lighting fixture such as compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL). Research continues toimprove he efficiency of newer models.
LED corn light Advantages
- Low power consumption and long and predictable lifetime: The lifetime of LED corn lights is usually 8 to 12 years, three times the life of current technologies adopted. The much less frequent need to service or replace LEDs means low maintenance cost.
- More accurate color rendering: The color rendering index is the ability of a light source to correctly reproduce the colors of the objects in comparison to an ideal light source.
- Quick turn on and off: Unlike fluorescent lamps, which take time to heat up once switched on, LEDs come on with full brightness instantly. Unlike mercury vapor, metal halide and sodium vapor lamps (commonly used in industrial lighting), LEDs do not have a problem restarting immediately (hot ignition) following a brief power failure or inadvertent turn off.
- RoHS compliance: LEDs don’t contain mercury or lead, and don’t release poisonous gases if damaged.
- Less attractive to nocturnal insects: Nocturnal insects are attracted to ultraviolet, blue and green light emitted by conventional light sources.
- Fewer electrical losses: All other types of lighting (except incandescent) require ballasts, additional electronic and/or electromagnetic components, in which some power is consumed.
- Higher light output even at low temperatures: While fluorescent lights are comparably energy efficient, on average they tend to have lesser light output at winter temperatures.
LED Corn Light Lamp bases:
Today LED corn light lamps for general lighting service use an Edison screw to replacing traditional incandescent lamp.
- Medium or standard: E26 (MES) in North America, E27 (ES) in Europe
- Mogul: E39 North America, E40 (Goliath ES) in Europe.
- G24 & GX24 CFL PL 2pin & 4pin
- B22 Bayonet mount: The bayonet light bulb mount is the standard fitting in many former members ofthe British Empire including the United Kingdom,Australia, India, Ireland, and New Zealand, as well asparts of the Middle East and Africa (although not Canada, which primarily uses Edison screw socketsalong with the United States and Mexico).